Sunday, September 9, 2012

What's up, doc?

It looks like Bugs Bunny had explosive diarrhea in my kitchen.  Here is the broke down carrot cake I made: 

The lighting here isn't great, and I couldn't get a close up, but you can see it's a train wreck.
I cooked it too long, and it stuck to the bottom of the cake pan, so it's a crumbly mess.  I made the cake and the cream cheese icing from scratch!  I don't know that I've ever made a decent looking cake.  They always tend to look like hell, but taste okay. 

Please note Molly in the background. 
I grated my thumb using my teeny tiny five dollar grater to grate the carrots.  Two cups of grated carrot produced by muscling it out over a half inch strip of grater surface.  I expect my biceps and shoulders will ache tomorrow.  I don't know that I will be able to lift my arms from my sides.  This is unfortunate as I have to clean my apartment.  The floor is coated in fur. 

I also made corn bread.  It was a relative success considering that I realized half way through that the recipe called for milk, which I didn't have.  I just doubled up on buttermilk. 

No comments: