Friday, July 17, 2009

Crud

On top of financial issues, couple of unfortunate events today.

I let Ziggy out to stand on the door of his cage and squawk his head off. I took Jinx out of his cage and put him in Ziggy's to let them hang out together. They've stayed separated for a while. Not for any particular reason, just haven't been giving the birds a whole lot of attention lately, so I thought I would let them visit. Usually, I can put Jinx in Ziggy's cage and leave the door open because he'll stay in there and Ziggy will just do his thing.

Today, I was at the right place at the right time because I was in the kitchen when I heard a commotion in the dining room. I ran over to the dining room and Molly had Jinx on the floor. I screamed and ran over, scooped up Jinx and put him back in his cage and Closed. The. Door. He was okay. I grabbed Molly to put her outside. I wanted to spank her, but she got hit by the car last year and I didn't want to do any more damage to her hind quarters. Plus, I try not to abuse the cats. Plus, the whole thing was my fault.

I went upstairs to sweep the bathroom floor, just took the little brush and dustpan because the bathroom isn't big enough for a full-out broom. I went to sit on the edge of the tub to brush up some pine bedding flakes from when Mr. Gibbles was in there and, because the rim of the tub is so thin, not nearly large enough for my ass to balance, I fell backwards into the tub. At least there wasn't any water in it. I would've dunk-style baptized my ass. Although...I don't think you can call it a baptism if you're cursing.

Ay, Dios.

addendum: Showered, dressed, ready to go to work. Cue torrential downpour.

1 comment:

hamilcar barca said...

oh, a picture of the bathtub incident is positively required! re-enact it if you must.
:-)