Friday, August 8, 2008

Dear Luna

Dear Luna,
I understand that you are small and boisterous and full of energy. You are cute and little and don't understand some things.
But I would like you to know that my forehead is not a launch pad.
I am not an inanimate object that was placed conveniently on the couch in order for you to leap like a frog across lily pads on your way from point A to point B.
This is especially not a prudent thing for you to do when I am sleeping. For humans, you may have noticed, sleep usually occurs between the hours of 10 pm to 8 or 9 am, approximately, with some variation. Thus, at 4 am, I am asleep.
It is very, hmmm, let's say - disconcerting - to be asleep in the wee hours of the morning and to have a small furry beast bounce on you, just an inch above your eyeballs. I have a scratch in between my eyebrows now, though M said she didn't see it, we were in the hallway and it was dark, and though I can tolerate a small scratch, it isn't unbearable, I'm not going to the emergency room, I would not like to receive another one, especially not in the same manner.
So then, please reserve your nocturnal explorations and antics for more conservative hours or, at least, do not conduct them at the disruption of the humans' normal sleeping patterns.
Thanks,
Amber

No comments: